Today’s post is about one of our Software Developers who works from our Toronto office.
Eric is actually the nickname he goes by, and his given name is Jianhao.
We asked Eric some questions. Read below for how he answered:
1. Do you remember your first day at Mavencare?
Yes, it was my first day of my first job. I was sitting on my chair staring at my laptop and I had no idea what I was supposed to do. Nukul, the President of Mavencare, gave me my first set of tasks.
2. What other team(s) do you work with the most at Mavencare?
Basically every team that uses the portal technology. I try to solve their problems with the website and make their lives easier.
3. What is the best part of your day?
Discussing with my teammates about a cool feature that we will build, trying to meet all the needs from other teams, and then putting my headset on and getting to work on everything.
4. What is a goal you are working towards at Mavencare?
Building an amazing feature that will save people’s time and improve their experience when they’re using the website. Also providing our clients and caregivers with a good experience when they’re using our product.
5. What’s a personal goal you’re working towards?
To learn new technologies and apply them into my work.
6. If you could have a superpower, what would you choose?
Omniscient and Omnipotent.
7. What is your favourite activity or hobby?
8. What is your secret talent that no one knows about?
If I tell you then it’s no longer secret.
9. How do you recharge?
Plug myself into a power socket like everything else does?
10. Where is your favourite place in the whole world?
Places with a computer and internet.
11. Who inspires you?
The people who I work with everyday. As it is my first job, I really learned a lot from everyone I have worked with.
12. When are you the happiest?
After solving a hard problem.
13. What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned in the last year?
Before you build anything, you have to understand who will be using it and what the goal is that they are trying to achieve. Find out the impact it will have on everything it involves, and then expand your ideas based on those findings.
14. What would a “perfect” day look like for you?
Everything I planned is on track and everything I build runs smoothly.
15. If you could only take one physical item with you on a deserted island, what would it be?
A laptop with satellite internet.