Today’s post is about our Payroll & Benefits Manager who has been working from our Toronto office for the past year.
Arti doesn’t have a nickname, but when she is asked what her name is short for she answers with a variety of possibilities: Artichoke, Artificial, Articulate, etc. Some people actually believe her!
We asked Arti some questions. Read below for how she answered:
1. DO YOU REMEMBER YOUR FIRST DAY AT MAVENCARE?
Yes. I remember the beautiful chaos and abundant energy.
2. WHAT OTHER TEAM(S) DO YOU WORK WITH THE MOST AT MAVENCARE?
3. WHAT IS THE BEST PART OF YOUR DAY?
Each new morning. I love the new challenges that come with a new day - bring it on!
4. WHAT IS A GOAL YOU ARE WORKING TOWARDS AT MAVENCARE?
Contribute all that I can so Mavencare becomes a name that all families are familiar with.
5. WHAT’S A PERSONAL GOAL ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
To bungee jump in New Zealand!
6. IF YOU COULD HAVE A SUPERPOWER, WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
Being able to fly.
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ACTIVITY OR HOBBY?
As I get older, I value quiet times with a good book.
8. WHAT IS YOUR SECRET TALENT THAT NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT?
Hmmmm, that I have x-ray vision...Gosh not sure this is a talent as such…
I teach and mentor selected young people who are interested in my field.
9. HOW DO YOU RECHARGE?
10. WHERE IS YOUR FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WHOLE WORLD?
11. WHO INSPIRES YOU?
Women! Any woman who has the courage to do something for herself, to stand up for her rights and values!
12. IF YOU WERE TO TELL ONE PERSON “THANK YOU” FOR HELPING ME BECOME THE PERSON I AM TODAY, WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHAT DID THEY DO?
My father. He set a solid valuable foundation that appreciates hard work, hard play and terrible humour.
13. WHAT MOVIE OR NOVEL CHARACTER DO YOU MOST IDENTIFY WITH?
I love great books and a few movies, but not sure I identify with any characters from them...a wild guess though is that I would have made a great spy in another life.
14. WHEN ARE YOU THE HAPPIEST?
Hmmmm, when my home is spotless!
15. WHAT’S THE MOST IMPORTANT LESSON YOU’VE LEARNED IN THE LAST YEAR?
Millennials are too often stereotyped. Mavencare has some of the hardest working Millennials here.
16. WHAT WOULD A “PERFECT” DAY LOOK LIKE FOR YOU?
A clean house, no emails, and sleep!
17. IF YOU COULD ONLY TAKE ONE PHYSICAL ITEM WITH YOU ON A DESERTED ISLAND, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Chapstick!!!! Yes, nothing but chapstick.