Today’s post is about our Sales and Customer Success Team Lead who works from Toronto. He started as an Inside Sales rep, but now he manages the Inside Sales team for both our Boston and Toronto markets.
Ahmed was named after his uncle who was a general in the Egyptian army.
When Ahmed played basketball, his teammates called him “Panda.” He was the slowest guy on the court, but he had the most heart.
We asked Ahmed some questions. Read below for how he answered:
1. Do you remember your first day at Mavencare?
I do! A few things stood out to me. The first thing that stood out to me was how determined and motivated everyone was. Also how closely different teams worked together to solve problems.
I also remember hearing Nick, another Inside Sales rep, for the first time on the phones and I was like, “Dang, how am I gonna keep up with that guy?”
2. What other team(s) do you work with the most at Mavencare?
Inside Sales works closely with our Clinical, Logistics and Care Coordination teams.
3. What is the best part of your day?
I’d say the best part of the day is hearing about how appreciative many of our clients are of the service we’re offering. Sometimes we forget just how big of an impact we’re making to families’ lives.
4. What is a goal you are working towards at Mavencare?
Building the best Inside Sales team in the city.
5. What’s on your bucket list?
Something on my bucket list that I’m looking to do in the next year or so is to travel to Africa and go on a real safari. I’ve always been fascinated with lions and cheetahs. It would be really cool to see them in their natural habitat.
6. If you could have a superpower, what would you choose?
Time travel. I would go back in time to see bands like The Beatles and Nirvana live.
7. What is your favourite activity or hobby?
I watch a TON of movies. In another life, I’d write screenplays. I also run an NBA fantasy league and I’m a huge Raptor fan.
8. How do you recharge?
I find swimming to be the best way to recharge. It's not only physically refreshing to just jump in the water and swim a few laps, but it’s nice to get away from my phone and be completely alone in the water.
9. Where is your favourite place in the whole world?
Aside from McVeighs? Just kidding.
10. Who inspires you?
Jerry Weintraub. I recommend reading his book: “When I Stop Talking, You'll Know I'm Dead.”
11. If you were to tell one person “Thank you for helping me become the person I am today,” who would it be?
I’m a self-professed mama's boy, so no doubt I would thank my mom.
12. What movie or novel character do you most identify with?
Harry Potter. If someone convinces me to dig up really old pictures of me, you may see a slight resemblance because I had super big glasses as a kid.
13. When are you the happiest?
When I’m with my best friends catching a concert or just catching up over drinks.
14. What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned in the last year?
Failure is good. Making mistakes is okay. Learn, reiterate, and move forward.
15. What would a “perfect” day look like for you?
Fall weather. No rain. It’s a Saturday. I’ll probably head for a swim in the morning & the pool is hopefully completely free. Maybe go out for tacos for lunch and have a beer. At night I’d try and catch a concert.
16. If you could only take one physical item with you on a deserted island, what would it be?
A pen and paper to document my desert island experience.