Technical Product Manager (Toronto)
Mavencare is a Toronto based digital health start-up company whose goal is to make finding high-quality caregivers simple, intuitive, convenient, transparent, and human. Our Vision is to revolutionize home healthcare; to create a world where people can live out their lives in the comfort of their own homes. We believe that we are just at the beginning of an opportunity to use technological innovation to reshape health care delivery for an aging population!
What you will do
A Technical Product Manager at Mavencare is a highly collaborative and influential role where you will be responsible for leading and contributing to the definition, implementation and roll out of innovations that will dramatically change the face of our business, the home care industry, and lives of seniors. This includes interacting with key stakeholders from cross functional teams to define use scenarios, identify innovation opportunities, create business requirements, scope service requirements with Engineering and Product Design, define/plan our roadmap, build and leads pilot plans, and other critical activities.
- Implement and maintain our product roadmap by developing requirements definitions, working with Product Design on feature concepts, interacting with engineering on the scoping, reviewing backlog items, etc.
- Play a leadership role in our scrum team to ensure features are in-scope, on-time, and of a high quality.
- Apply incremental delivery principles that drive the delivery of business value while communicating progress and eliciting feedback from stakeholders.
- Interact with Product Design and Engineering on the definition, scoping, interaction design, architecture, etc. for all Epic features.
- Define KPI and ROI models to measure the business value of new features, enhancements and the cost of bugs.
- Work closing with the development team and key stakeholders on a day-2-day basis to resolve any implementation challenges.
- Manage engagement with stakeholders and effectively communicate product release contents and the expected product capabilities and customer journey.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with agile software development methodologies.
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager including translating customer needs to features, backlog items, etc.
- Strong technical knowledge (ability to read/write code) with thorough knowledge of systems design architecture, etc.
- Ability to conceptualize, think abstractly, define and be able to communicate complex technical concepts simply to stakeholders and engineers.
- Proven data analysis and gathering experience in complex environments.
- Experience with requirements definition, backlog definition, backlog prioritization and working with technical resources to review and solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, manage, and achieve results while working with others in a cross functional environment.
- Enthusiastic, thorough and inclusive with the ability and desire to help others thrive in a dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- University degree in either Computer Science or Engineering
What we offer
- Base salary (dependent on experience) with a company stock option plan.
- The opportunity to join a fast growing start-up and make an immediate impact while learning growing your career quickly.
- Weekly lunches, a kitchen packed with snacks, company parties, a fun culture, ping pong, foosball, and more
- An easy to access location that is a 10 minute walk from Union Station and 1 minute walk from the St. Lawrence Market.