Mavencare is a Toronto based digital health startup company whose goal is to make finding high quality caregivers simple, intuitive, convenient, transparent and human. Our vision is to revolutionize home health care; to create a world where people can live out their lives in the comfort of their own homes. We believe that we are just at the beginning of an opportunity to use technological innovation to re-shape healthcare delivery for an aging population!
The Payroll Administrator role fulfills the support function to the Payroll and Benefits Manager. The Administrator is responsible for processing select payrolls in an accurate and timely manner while maintaining confidential information and providing support to all locations. Integrity and strong attention to detail are crucial for this role. This is an entry-level role best suited for someone looking for a career in finance or HR with payroll specialization.
- Assist in processing weekly and semi-monthly hourly payrolls for Canada and US using ADP
- Assist in the preparation and administration of payroll for employees by reviewing the input by other teams for services performed by caregivers
- Input payroll data accurately and ensure it is complete in the ADP including new hire information, terminations, and payroll changes on a regular basis and make adjustments as required
- Respond to specific payroll inquiries from staff
- Provide support to the Finance and Human Resources department as required
- Associate data maintenance, including salary changes, special payments, taxable benefits, gift cards, & bonus payments
- Analysis of payroll inputs and outputs to validate hires, caregiver changes and caregiver terminations to identify errors and corrective actions to ensure payroll accuracy
- Performs quarterly & year-end audits including file reconciliation, adjustments and T-4 distribution
- Help out with year-end activity
- Comply with legislative requirements and Company policy
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring to the table
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- Strong work ethic, positive team attitude, attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Payroll processing experience an asset
- Advanced Internet and MS Office Skills (Word/Excel) required
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
What we offer
- Competitive Base Salary: Dependent on experience
- Career Development: Personal and professional growth with 1 on 1 coaching from members of the leadership team..
- Learning Culture: We are always learning new things and improving what we do. Join us in researching, teaching, and working towards developing our company and your own skills.
- Team Events: Healthy lunches, outings, foosball tournaments, free snacks and good vibes.
- Impact and Reach: The work we do at Mavencare is changing lives of seniors. Your work will help families keep their loved ones happy and healthy at home.