Office Administrator - Toronto
Are You Our Next Office Administrator?
Interested in leveraging your skills and passion to change the lives of your parents, grandparents and loved ones needing home care support? At Mavencare, we believe that all seniors should be able to age in the comfort of their own homes. Join us in transforming home healthcare for those in need. Mavencare is a fast growing connected home care start-up with a goal to connect compassionate caregivers with clients seeking home care. Awarded Deloitte’s Companies to Watch and selected as one of 22 companies as C-100’s 48 Hours in the Valley Cohort - our vision is to revolutionize home care by providing technologically advanced services that allow for hospital level care at home.
We are on the hunt for talented, high octane individuals who love surpassing lofty goals as much as we do. We are obsessed and passionate about all things home care and are on a mission to deliver a healthier, more meaningful home care experience. Join Mavencare’s trusted and knowledgeable team by offering your skills and passion to improve the lives of our rapidly growing seniors population.
Mavencare is looking for an Office Administrator to be the first point of contact at Mavencare and to deliver exceptional service to Employees, Executives, prospective candidates, guests and other parties. This role will concentrate on managing the on-the-ground aspects of the whole Toronto Office and will need to multitask, prioritize and work with the whole team.
You are extremely organized, and you enjoy improving processes to enhance efficiency. You can juggle multiple priorities and keep calm under pressure.
The Mavencare culture appeals to self-directed, flexible and passionate individuals who are excited by the possibilities of a fast paced high growth startup environment.
- Greet visitors - including clients, candidates, employees, delivery workers, and executives
- Answers telephone and directs call appropriately and distributing the worklist items and documents throughout appropriate teams
- Assist guests with front desk check-in system, offering refreshments, and/or escorting to conference rooms
- Support facilities with maintaining a clean, organized, productive and functional office environment
- Collect and distribute mail and packages to employees
- Responsible for outgoing mail & couriers
- Assisting employees with securing boardrooms
- Support one-off employee needs to cultivate an exceptional employee experience.
- Assist in event planning and other special projects when necessary
- Maintains clean kitchen(s) and eating areas throughout the day
- Assist in weekly employee onboardings and organization of documentation, including but not limited to scanning, uploading, labelling and storage
- Assist with Employee Open Houses and registration for monthly events
- Assist in ordering and purchasing supplies for the office upon request
- Books travel ensuring that travel is within budget and approved by appropriate manager.
- Reconciliation of corporate credit cards
- Help with creating and supplying ID badges, including laminating and clipping
What you Bring:
- Minimum of 1 year reception or Administrative Assistant experience
- Interest in working at a startup and growing your career into an Executive Assistant role
- Experience with calendar management
- Experience booking corporate travel
- Comfortable working with Mac, Gmail and microsoft office
- Comfortable working with minimal direction
- University degree
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices
- Impact: We know that we do changes lives, help families keep their loved ones healthy at home.
- Small teams and fast paced work environment to give you the chance to show your work.
- The opportunity to join a fast growing start-up company making an immediate impact while learning and growing your career quickly.
- Fantastic work culture - delicious weekly lunches, a kitchen stocked with snacks, company parties, and get togethers, like-minded people who will become fast friends - hello ping pong and foosball competitions!
- A great office location that is a two minute walk to the Eaton Centre, restaurants, and the subway.
- Opportunities for training and career development; a learning culture is important here! We will help you develop your career through one on one coaching with members of the leadership team.
What Makes Mavencare Unique
Mavencare was conceived after the founders each experienced similar challenges finding and managing quality home care for their grandparents. Together, they decided there had to be a better way. Using their collective experience in healthcare, senior care, and technology, Mavencare was born with the goal of providing the highest quality family-focused home care and we are proud to be one of the most clinically advanced home care companies in the world. If you are interested in helping us solve elder care challenges and shape the future of home care, we want to hear from you.
Mavencare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Mavencare has an accommodation process in place that caters to candidates and employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation due to a disability or a medical need, please contact Rann Sharma, Head of People by e-mail at email@example.com. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place during the hiring process.