Head of People (Toronto)
Mavencare is a digital health start-up company whose goal is to make finding high quality caregivers simple, intuitive, convenient, transparent and human. Our Vision is to revolutionize home health care; to create a world where people can live out their lives in the comfort of their own homes. We believe that we are just at the beginning of an opportunity to use technological innovation to re-shape health care delivery for an aging population!
Mavencare is seeking an experienced leader to help us build and scale our organization. We recognize that our people and culture are the pillars supporting our growth and innovation. Reporting directly to the CEO and working from our HQ in Toronto, this individual will be responsible for all things people related including corporate HR administration and processes, talent acquisition, learning and development, coaching, onboarding, diversity and inclusion, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits.
You are a natural leader and strong connector of people and you have had success building teams and developing programs in a fast paced, dynamic environment. You think strategically about complex people topics and roll up your sleeves to get things done.
You have a proven track record working with scaling startups in an HR leadership role.
- Lead the strategy, implementation and execution of our people function across multiple North American locations
- Build and execute scalable employee training and development programs to grow our team’s capabilities and drive employee retention
- Work with the executive team to continuously improve organizational design
- Develop and execute a talent acquisition program
- Ensure that the organization’s policies, procedures, and practices comply with all existing, as well as any applicable state/province and national regulations
- Ensure that all programs and processes are aligned with our culture and values
- Provide strategic and tactical HR support to the business units’ leaders
- Lead the design and administration of compensation and benefits
- Develop and implement the integrated HR technology plan including HRIS, ATS, performance management, training and other systems
- 5+ years of relevant HR experience, with at least 3+ years in a leadership role
- Experience in a start-up and/or healthcare environment, ideally having helped grow teams across multiple locations
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or a related discipline
- Strong relationship building skills in a cross-functional environment
- Experience building career ladders and organizational work flows
- Working knowledge of Canadian and US labor laws
- Experience selecting and implementing new HR systems
- Demonstrated passion for helping businesses scale
- CHRP designation
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.