Financial Operations Associate
Are You Our Next Financial Operations Associate?
Interested in leveraging your skills and passion to change the lives of your parents, grandparents and loved ones needing home care support? At Mavencare, we believe that all seniors should be able to age in the comfort of their own homes. Join us in transforming home healthcare for those in need. Mavencare is a fast growing connected home care start-up with a goal to connect compassionate caregivers with clients seeking home care. Awarded Deloitte’s Companies to Watch and selected as one of 22 companies as C-100’s 48 Hours in the Valley Cohort - our vision is to revolutionize home care by providing technologically advanced services that allow for hospital level care at home.
We are on the hunt for talented, high octane individuals who love surpassing lofty goals as much as we do. We are obsessed and passionate about all things home care and are on a mission to deliver a healthier, more meaningful home care experience. Join Mavencare’s trusted and knowledgeable team by offering your skills and passion to improve the lives of our rapidly growing seniors population.
Mavencare is looking for a Financial Operations Associate to assist with the administration of weekly and monthly billings, insurance submissions, and resolving invoice discrepancies. You will be accountable for providing timely responses to customer requests, assisting account managers with customer billing inquiries, and proactively working through accounts receivable duties. This role will also provide finance support as needed.
You love to communicate with others to work through problems. You are extremely organized, good with numbers, and you enjoy improving processes to enhance efficiency.
The Mavencare culture appeals to self-directed, flexible and passionate individuals who are excited by the possibilities of a fast paced high growth startup environment.
- Support the day-to-day financial operations and accounts receivable duties
- Assist with the weekly and monthly invoicing
- Assist with entering and reconciling invoices and collections into QuickBooks
- Assist with various finance and revenue cycle projects and reporting
- Assist in accounts payable organization (including receipt verification and data input into QB)
- Communicate with insurance companies and work through insurance claims
- Communicate with customers regarding their accounts receivable balance
- Work closely with the finance team to provide support
What you Bring:
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with accounting principles is an asset
- Experience in revenue cycle/billing is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Prior use of QuickBooks is an asset
- Previous start-up experience is an asset
- Customer service experience
- Impact: We know that we do changes lives, help families keep their loved ones healthy at home.
- Small teams and fast paced work environment to give you the chance to show your work.
- The opportunity to join a fast growing start-up company making an immediate impact while learning and growing your career quickly.
- Fantastic work culture - delicious weekly lunches, a kitchen stocked with snacks, company parties, and get togethers, like-minded people who will become fast friends - hello ping pong and foosball competitions!
- A great office location that is a two minute walk to the Eaton Centre, restaurants, and the subway.
- Opportunities for training and career development; a learning culture is important here! We will help you develop your career through one on one coaching with members of the leadership team.
What Makes Mavencare Unique
Mavencare was conceived after the founders each experienced similar challenges finding and managing quality home care for their grandparents. Together, they decided there had to be a better way. Using their collective experience in healthcare, senior care, and technology, Mavencare was born with the goal of providing the highest quality family-focused home care and we are proud to be one of the most clinically advanced home care companies in the world. If you are interested in helping us solve elder care challenges and shape the future of home care, we want to hear from you.
Mavencare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Mavencare has an accommodation process in place that caters to candidates and employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation due to a disability or a medical need, please call in or e-mail our office directly. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place during the hiring process.