Senior UX Designer
Mavencare is a home care agency that specializes in providing high quality care for seniors using our proprietary technology. We are revolutionizing home healthcare by creating a world where people can live out their lives in the comfort of their own homes. Through technological innovation, we are reshaping health care delivery for an aging population!
About the Role
Have you ever wanted to work on a product that is making a difference in people's lives? What about one that helps solve complex operational, logistical and interpersonal problems so that families don’t have to, so they can keep their loved ones happy and healthy at home to age with dignity? Join our Product Development team as a User Experience Designer, which is currently defining industry leading experiences for our customers and staff. As the forward-thinker you are, you will change people’s lives using the power of User Experience Design and Design Thinking for a neglected industry and the elderly. Both groups of people that have long since been ignored by technology. You'll work with world-class engineers on a team that ships multiple times every week. You will learn, embrace, and extend the user experience design principles and patterns that make our products simple, and a joy to use. As a member of our agile team, you'll tackle complex problems, aggressive sprint schedules married with design thinking to deliver outstanding experiences. Don’t fret, you'll also have dedicated time for high level explorations and cross disciplinary collaboration with sales, recruiting, logistics and engineering teams.
Our UX designers are self starters that handle everything on a project from initial research to sketching, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, and the design of a final, shippable UI.
- Seek to deeply understand the problems you're solving and explore multiple high-level approaches to solving them
- Create consistent, high quality personas, information architecture, wireframes and user flows for review with peers and design leads.
- Design prototypes and perform usability testing on design work completed by your team and others
- Cross disciplinary collaboration with sales, recruiting, logistics and engineering teams.
- Share usability test results to your team and design leads openly and frequently
- Take an iterative approach to design based on user feedback and peer review
- Critique your peers' experiences to help them improve their craft
- Contribute to our design standards, UX guidelines, and UX pattern library.
- Diploma or degree in digital design, interaction design or communications (or equivalent)
- 4+ years experience as a User Experience Designer working on working on a world-class product, online service or at a leading digital agency
- A high proficiency using modern design, interaction and prototyping tools (ex. Sketch, Invision, Principle, Adobe Suite, etc.)
- A diverse portfolio that shows an excellent eye for categorization skills, prioritization judgment and an attention to detail
- A true focus on the customer- you make your design decisions based on data, testing and other validated feedback
- Experience with data visualization and/or building dashboards
- Strong presentation and communication skills used to convey ideas and concepts, with a passion for the "why" of Design, as well as the "what"
- An egoless and objective attitude toward design and a passion to learn quick and grow every day
- Strong self-management skills and drive to work with cross-disciplinary teams
- You know what needs to be done and can see opportunities to improve processes across the board
- An understanding of technical constraints in design, and are able to communicate decisions effectively to designers and engineers
- Learn more about senior care, technology, app development, marketing, business analysis, and the healthcare field.
- Gain business and technical experience in a fast-growing start-up where you can help shape the future of our work processes and product strategy
- Master your craft, solve and optimize complex operational systems to become more usable, functional and an industry-leading example for user experience
- Become a part of the Mavencare team, which includes free weekly team lunches, team events, snacks, drinks, reasonable flexibility with working remotely, diverse problem solving opportunities, learn to use cutting edge industry tools and the freedom to experiment