Start date - Flexible & TBD
Hours - Flexible Hours, including part-time and full-time
Honorarium - Travel costs will be covered
Mavencare is a Toronto based digital health startup company whose goal is to make finding high quality caregivers simple, intuitive, convenient, transparent and human. Our Vision is to revolutionize home health care; to create a world where people can live out their lives in the comfort of their own homes. We believe that we are just at the beginning of an opportunity to use technological innovation to re-shape healthcare delivery for an aging population! We are looking for a motivated and technologically savvy candidate to join the Mavencare Recruiting team. Training will be provided, so no previous recruiting experience is required.
The Recruiting Intern would play a key role in finding, screening, and selecting high quality candidates to work for Mavencare. The Recruiting Intern will support the Recruiting and HR team in addition to managing candidate applications in the hiring pipeline. Responsibilities can also extend to other areas of HR.
As a Recruiting Intern you have an opportunity to add value to the HR team and take part in both independent and team projects that directly impact departmental operations. You will be provided with exceptional training and coaching resources by members of the leadership team. You will get a chance to expand your tech experience and have the ability to share innovative ideas to enhance system management and improve efficiency. Interns will have an opportunity to show their work and at the same time, see the direct result of their efforts. There is a possibility of securing employment upon completion of the internship.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY HIGHLIGHTS
- Manage candidate applications using innovative HRIS
- Contact and screen candidates
- Schedule interviews
- Perform background and reference checks
- Draft Employment Letters and other templates
- Help update and maintain employee files
- Assist in collection and verification of documents
- Assist in enhancing and increasing efficiency of recruiting process
- Assist with caregiver training sessions and other duties as assigned
- Currently Enrolled in a Co-Op Program
- Completed Relevant HR coursework
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Previous customer service experience an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient with technology (web and mobile applications)
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Develop experience in Recruiting and be exposed to other areas of HR
- Receive prompt feedback and intensive recruiting training
- Get an overview of full-cycle recruiting
- Get a recommendation letter upon successful completion of the internship
- Learn more about technology, app development, marketing, business analysis, and the healthcare field
- Gain business and office experience in a fast-growing start-up
- Become a part of the Mavencare team, which includes free weekly team lunches and monthly team events!