Payroll and Benefits Manager
Mavencare is a Toronto based digital health start-up company whose goal is to make finding high quality caregivers simple, intuitive, convenient, transparent and human. Our Vision is to revolutionize home healthcare; to create a world where people can live out their lives in the comfort of their own homes. We believe that we are just at the beginning of an opportunity to use technological innovation to re-shape healthcare delivery for an aging population!
We are looking for an experienced payroll and benefits manager to oversee and administer all aspects of Payroll and Benefits functions and programs. This role has the overall accountability for the processing and reconciling of weekly and bi-weekly payrolls for Mavencare’s Canadian and US operations. This role provides an opportunity to grow into leading a team of payroll administrators.
- Develop, implement and oversee the entire payroll and benefits administration process from timekeeping policies, payroll & benefits procedures and best practices to disbursement of funds
- Lead payroll & benefits projects including policy, process and technology changes to increase accuracy & efficiency
- Interpret, apply and maintain current knowledge of all regulations, employment laws and other requirements guiding the execution of payroll
- Lead the year-end process including W2s and T4s for all US and Canadian payrolls
- Communicate with other departments, employees and managers to resolve escalated payroll and benefits issues
- Communicate with external benefits providers, auditors, CRA, IRS, external payroll service provider and others to ensure satisfactory response queries and completion of various payroll related audits
- Develop and monitor quality assurance program as it relates to payroll accuracy and caregiver experience for payroll inquiries
- Other payroll and benefit duties as needed
What you bring to the table
- University degree in accounting, business administration, human resources or a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of payroll and benefits experience
- Ability to manage multi-location payrolls in multiple countries
- Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) and a member of the Canadian Payroll Association an asset
- US Payroll experience an asset
- ADP TeamPay and ADP WorkForce Now experience an asset
- Experience using an automated time capture system (time and attendance system) an asset
- Payroll system setup, system adjustment, and conversion experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills
What we offer
- Competitive Pay
- Career Development: Personal and professional growth with 1 on 1 coaching from members of the leadership team..
- Learning Culture: We are always learning new things and improving what we do. Join us in researching, teaching, and working towards developing our company and your own skills.
- Team Events: Healthy lunches, outings, foosball tournaments, free snacks and good vibes.
- Impact and Reach: The work we do at Mavencare is changing lives of seniors. Your work will help families keep their loved ones happy and healthy at home.