Mavencare is a Toronto based digital health start-up company whose goal is to make finding high quality caregivers simple, intuitive, convenient, transparent and human. Our Vision is to revolutionize home healthcare; to create a world where people can live out their lives in the comfort of their own homes. We believe that we are just at the beginning of an opportunity to use technological innovation to re-shape healthcare delivery for an aging population!
Our requirement at this time is for an experienced Finance Director who has demonstrated personal success in managing the finance function at a senior level – ideally within a start-up environment with VC-backed companies. This role will manage a controller and will be responsible for all financial reporting, budgeting, and financing.
This position will be located in our Toronto office.
- Manage activities of Controller who processes all financial transactions, payroll and benefit administration and produces draft monthly and annual financial reports;
- Review financial reporting for management, board and stakeholders, including monthly and annual reporting;
- Develop financial models and budget(s) and other support material for CEO for annual approval and fund raising purposes;
- Manage cash effectively, providing rolling cash flow forecast updates (quarterly at a minimum or more frequently as required);
- Support senior management team with business analysis and support;
- Assist in negotiation of contracts with and manage relationships with suppliers, customers, distribution partners and investors along with CEO and other team members, coordinating any requirement for review by outside counsel;
- Manage relationship with audit firm with assistance from Controller for annual audit and income tax activities and manage sales tax/employment matters in both Canada and the U.S.;
- Manage financial, operational and administration systems and policies with assistance from Controller, recommending changes and improvements as the business grows;
experience and qualifications
- Accounting designation and significant experience (5+ years) with some hands-on experience in a high technology software business at early-stage.
- Knowledge/experience in finance (VC-backed), accounting, budgeting, tax, audit, human resources/payroll and corporate governance for secretary role.
- Experience in contracting and negotiations with customers, suppliers and distribution partners and investors.
- Strong communications, operational and organizational skills, broad experience, flexible about role.
Personal Qualities & Competencies
- Highest ethical standards.
- Personal contributor having the strong desire and energy to roll-up his or her sleeves and make things happen.
- Expresses thoughts, ideas, vision in a clear and compelling manner both written and orally
- Has a “nothing is beneath me” attitude.
- Seeks to continuously develop skills and knowledge.
- Tenaciously and creatively works to enable achievement of team and company goals.
- Dynamic and with a true entrepreneurial spirit and passion for a fast-paced, growing environment.