Executive Assistant and Administrator
Mavencare is a Toronto based digital health start-up company whose goal is to make finding high quality caregivers simple, intuitive, convenient, transparent and human. Our Vision is to revolutionize home healthcare; to create a world where people can live out their lives in the comfort of their own homes. We believe that we are just at the beginning of an opportunity to use technological innovation to re-shape healthcare delivery for an aging population!
Provide direct administrative support to the CEO and the President. Duties include maintaining their calendars and schedules, arranging/bookings internal and external meeting, preparing meeting materials and arranging travel logistics. The Executive Assistant will be required to develop relationships with executives/senior managers, and both internal/external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be a self-confident, creative, innovative thinker with superior organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle a variety of responsibilities. Equally important will be the ability to manage conflicting demands and demonstrate a high regard for confidentiality.
- Maintains an overall awareness of the CEO’s and the President’s business activities and the needs that are associated with each, the potential needs of others involved in meetings/activities with them and manages schedules accordingly
- Prepares and provides timely information for the CEO and the President regarding schedule, support materials, documents for approval and signature, etc
- Tracks actions items and maintains an efficient bring forward system
- Sorts, manages and filters calls, conference calls, mail and incoming correspondence
- Supports the development of agendas, supporting documents and logistics for meetings.
- Schedule and manage travel and meetings at external sites, including securing meetings, preparing materials, arranging travel, and associated logistics
- Manage conflicting demands of changes to schedules
- Assist in the preparation and development of reports, dashboards, power point presentations and internal and external communications
- Plan and execute various business functions including education and training sessions, team building events, workshops etc.
- Track, record and maintain executive expenses and associated expense documents.
What you bring to the table
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working as an Administrative Assistant
- University undergraduate degree is a strong asset.
- Highly detailed, organized, strong organizational skills, with excellent communication and written skills.
- A positive and professional approach to dealing with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal direction and frequent interruptions
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal comfortably with all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential company information
- Resourceful at problem solving
- Work well under pressure by incorporating time management skills in judging priorities and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Self-starter and team oriented
- Technology-proficient; comfortable communicating virtually and learning new office tools. Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Apps is a plus, able to navigate or learn other platforms as needed
- A thorough understanding for the nature of the executive office and the importance of confidentiality, discretion and sound judgement
What we offer
- Competitive Pay
- Career Development: Personal and professional growth with 1 on 1 coaching from members of the leadership team..
- Learning Culture: We are always learning new things and improving what we do. Join us in researching, teaching, and working towards developing our company and your own skills.
- Team Events: Healthy lunches, outings, foosball tournaments, free snacks and good vibes.
- Impact and Reach: The work we do at Mavencare is changing lives of seniors. Your work will help families keep their loved ones happy and healthy at home.