Director of Patient Services
Location: New York City
Mavencare is a Toronto based digital health start-up company whose goal is to make finding high-quality caregivers simple, intuitive, convenient, transparent, and human. Our Vision is to revolutionize home healthcare; to create a world where people can live out their lives in the comfort of their own homes. We believe that we are just at the beginning of an opportunity to use technological innovation to reshape health care delivery for an aging population!
In New York, we are looking for a compassionate and effective RN to be our Director of Patient Services.
The ideal candidate will have a deep working knowledge of the rules and regulations governing LHCSAs in New York, matched with a can-do attitude and a passion to be a part of an organization looking to transform the way home care services are delivered.
- Responsible for the daily clinical operations of Mavencare (New York), a Licensed Home Care Service Agency. Ensure the quality and continuity of care provided by agency staff.
- Ensure all aspects of home care services operate within the standards of all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Work closely with the corporate, marketing and community development teams to implement new marketing and outreach plans, grow and maintain established referral sources.
- Model positive, respectful behaviors and communication with staff and supervisors. Conduct employee counseling and guidance.
- Develop, implement, review, and update all policies and procedures in accordance with the needs and rights of clients and agency staff, and in compliance with acceptable standards of practice.
- Oversight of the recruitment, hiring, competency review, and supervision of all home care staff. Participation in the development and implementation of staff training.
- Participate in the agency's Performance Improvement / Continuous Quality Improvement (PI/CQI) program as PI/CQI Coordinator.
- Conduct home visits to supervise staff, conduct competency reviews and evaluate care.
- New York State licensed and currently registered as a Registered Nurse.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, BSN or BS degree preferred.
- At least three years of experience in a patient care setting. Acute care experience desirable.
- At least three years of experience in a supervisory or administrative position in a home care organization or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of NY State regulations as they relate to the operation of a Licensed Home Care Service Agency.
- Expertise and experience in dementia care is highly desirable.
- Ability to work effectively to address challenges as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- The following competencies are also required:
- Competence with Microsoft Office suite and Google Docs.
- Comfort working with and managing teams using process and policy documents.
- Comfort presenting to groups of clients or employees of the agency.
- Ability to write concise reports.
- Learn more about senior care, technology, app development, marketing, business analysis, and the healthcare field
- Gain business and technical experience in a fast-growing start-up
- Become a part of the Mavencare team, which includes free weekly team lunches and monthly team events!