Copywriter - Toronto
Mavencare is a Toronto based digital health startup company whose goal is to make finding high quality caregivers simple, intuitive, convenient, transparent and human. Our vision is to revolutionize home health care; to create a world where people can live out their lives in the comfort of their own homes. We believe that we are just at the beginning of an opportunity to use technological innovation to re-shape healthcare delivery for an aging population!
Mavencare is looking for a creative and talented copywriter to work in our marketing and communications department. As a copywriter at Mavencare, you will you will help plan, write, and edit a wide variety of marketing materials. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, the capacity to meet tight deadlines, and a passion for better health and quality of life for the elderly. Potential projects may include web pages, marketing materials (including pamphlets, brochures, posters, etc.), social media posts, guides, blog posts, and more.
- Develop and maintain house style guide and editorial resources
- Conduct research on elderly health care, home care, issues related to aging, and write blog posts and guides to educate our readers
- Write clear, persuasive, and original copy for web, online marketing, print collateral, and press
- Work on several projects at once, under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proofread copy to ensure all documents adhere to brand guidelines and have flawless spelling and grammar
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, Communications, Journalism or a related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience with copywriting and copyediting, samples required
- Outstanding research skills with an eye for accuracy and detail
- Able to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadline
- Passion for better health and quality of life for the elderly
Nice to have
- Familiarity with the senior home care industry
- Understanding of social media and the digital landscape
- Creative background – familiarity with Photoshop or Indesign
- Hands-on experience developing and implementing social media strategies
- Existing media connections
What we offer
- Competitive Pay: Get paid what you are worth
- Flexible Schedule: Work life balance is key for the team at Mavencare, so we are proud to offer a flexible work environment. We thrive in a results based culture that values your output over your timesheet.
- Career Development: Personal and professional growth with 1 on 1 coaching from members of the leadership team..
- Learning Culture: We are always learning new things and improving what we do. Join us in researching, teaching, and working towards developing our company and your own skills.
- Team Events: Healthy lunches, outings, foosball tournaments, free snacks and good vibes.
- Impact and Reach: The work we do at Mavencare is changing lives of seniors. Your work will help families keep their loved ones happy and healthy at home.